Be a part of Umbra’s growing team that is building a cloud-based service for optimizing and hosting any 3D content for streaming to any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Frontend Developer you will be in charge of the development of the Umbra Web App, the web frontend to our 3D platform.
Your primary tasks are:
- Building and improving our React-based application.
- Co-operate with our backend development to make sure the system can deliver a superb UX
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Keeping up to date with modern web technology and design practices.
- Aptitude at test driven development.
- Experience working on a large-scale web code base.
- Clear communication skills and desire to collaborate.
- Must be highly proactive and a self-starter. We’re a startup, so everyone contributes to design, product, front and back end.
- Experience working with scalable REST APIs. Bonus points if you’ve actually built some.
Bonus points for
- 3D graphics and WebGL development experience.
- Backend development, AWS and Scala programming language.
- Experience using Git for source control.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining payment systems.
- Proven experience of integrating various SaaS tools – such as CRMs.
The portfolio can be anything that proves your skills to some extent: a github repository, a collection of articles you've written, your blog or even your LinkedIn profile.