Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) for both our Helsinki HQ and our San Francisco office, both reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer in our San Francisco office. There will be a dotted line relationship with our Helsinki Sales team and to the Head of Sales in Seattle, WA respectively. As a BDR you will be focused on hunting new opportunities, qualifying leads, and direct outreach to prospective customers via phone, email and automated marketing. Your main objective is demand generation, which fills the sales pipeline with high quality, pre-screened candidate that our sales force can close efficiently and effectively. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the way people work with 3D on a global scale!
- Direct outreach to prospective customers via phone, email and automated drip and content platforms
- Definition (with Sales) of our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) to drive qualification
- Qualification of candidates through preliminary screening (usually via phone)
- Composition of drip email and content campaigns (with Marketing)
- Execution of drip campaigns using automated marketing platform
- Attendance of first sales calls post-qualification
- Tracking key BDR and Sales metrics via dashboards and reporting internally
Umbra is the leader in 3D graphics performance innovation for the gaming industry, and is now beginning to expand its presence to other key verticals including construction and architecture, automotive, and discreet manufacturing, amongst others. 2-3 years of experience in a 3D graphics or CAD is highly preferred as you will need to quickly understand the requirements of these prospective customers, their workflows, and their pain points.
- 1-2 years experience in a BDR or similar role
- 1-2 years of market research a plus
- Experience using and administering automated Marketing tools (MailChimp, Outreach, etc) and Sales tools (SFDC, Pipedrive)
- Experience working in a quota, metrics-driven environment
- Aggressive hunter mentality that enjoys chasing and qualifying valuable leads
- Excellent email and phone communication skills with an ability to convert complex concepts into concise benefits that hook potential customers
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing teams
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills with content creation/copywriting experience high preferred
- Experience in the graphics or CAD industry is preferred
The portfolio can be anything that proves your skills to some extent: a github repository, a collection of articles you've written, your blog or even your LinkedIn profile.