Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Candidates for this position must be able to work full-time in either our Helsinki, Finland, or San Francisco, CA office.
The Product Marketing Manager must have previous experience in the graphics, 3D, CAD or VR/AR industry and should feel comfortable speaking the language of graphics development with customers in vertical markets including Gaming, Architecture, Construction, Automotive, and Manufacturing.
This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work side-by-side with the head of Product Management in our Helsinki office to define the strategic positioning, messaging and value proposition of Umbra’s 3D graphics platform. As a Product Marketing Manager you will be one of the key commercial employees responsible for reinventing the way Umbra markets its products to a number of vertical industries. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the way people work with 3D on a global scale!
This role will require someone who wants to roll up his/her sleeves and cover a wide-variety of duties including:
- Defining the product launch plan and driving the execution of that plan
- Working with Product Management to convert features/functions into benefits/values
- Building vertical-specific positioning and messaging that can be leveraged by Sales and PR
- Gathering / communicating the key market requirements of our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- Working with creative teams to develop product collateral and demos for sales and marketing
Umbra is the leader in delivering 3D graphics to any platform. We are looking for top talent who can help us expand our reach beyond 3D gaming to new markets including architecture and construction, manufacturing, automotive, and medical to name a few. This means solid candidates should have experience in both graphics, and in one or more of these vertical markets. Candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years product marketing in a 3D graphics, CAD, or VR/AR company
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong cross-functional communications skills with commercial and engineering teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills (public presentation experience is a plus)
- Graphics or 3D content development background is a plus although not required
- Pricing experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
The portfolio can be anything that proves your skills to some extent: a github repository, a collection of articles you've written, your blog or even your LinkedIn profile.