Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Product Marketing Manager will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work side-by-side with the head of Product Management in either Helsinki or San Francisco to define the strategic positioning, messaging and value proposition of Umbra’s 3D platform. As a Product Marketing Manager you will be one of the first commercial employees responsible for reinventing the way Umbra markets its products to a number of key vertical industries. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the way people work with 3D on a global scale!
This role will require someone who wants to roll up his/her sleeves and cover a wide-variety of duties including:
- Defining the product launch plan and drive the execution of that plan
- Working with Product Management to convert feature/function into benefit/value
- Building vertical-specific positioning and messaging that can be leveraged by Sales and PR
- Gathering / communicating the key market requirements of our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- Working with creative teams develop product collateral and demonstrations for sales and marketing
Umbra is the leader in 3D graphics performance innovation for the gaming industry. We are looking for top talent who can help take our capabilities to other key markets including architecture and construction, manufacturing, automotive, and medical to name a few. This means solid candidates should have experience in both graphics, and in one or more of these vertical markets, in addition to have a solid background in outbound and inbound marketing. Solid candidates will have the following experience:
- 3-5 years product marketing experience in a 3D graphics, CAD, or media SW company
- 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong cross-functional communications skills with commercial and engineering teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills (public presentation experience is a plus)
- Technical / engineering background is a plus although not required
- Pricing experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
The portfolio can be anything that proves your skills to some extent: a github repository, a collection of articles you've written, your blog or even your LinkedIn profile.