Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Marketing Communications Manager will report directly to the CMO in Umbra’s San Francisco office. He/she will be responsible for corporate brand marketing, digital communications, event planning and coordination and social media campaigns.
This is an incredible opportunity to help shape the future of the company’s flagship technology offerings, how we bring them to market, and how we communicate them to a number of global industries. The MCM will:
- Work closely with our Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager on product launch planning and collateral creation
- Help Sales Ops with demand generation content creation and automated comms campaigns
- Drive SEO/SEM/Social strategies and execution that drive demand generation
- Implement on growth strategies that drive increased traffic to Umbra’s online presence
- Manage relationships with our PR and creative/web contractor teams
- Drive event participation and execution with cross-functional internal and external resources
- Manage Umbra brand and style guide for both internal and external purposes
We are a small but potent team of industry experts with a big task ahead of us – good candidates will meet the requirements, but great candidates will able and excited to go above and beyond the job description. We need critical thinkers who are also creative enough to find effective solutions to the challenges we will face on a daily basis.
- 3-5 years marketing and/or brand experience, preferably both outbound and inbound
- 2-3 years experience designing product and corporate marketing collateral
- Experience launching at least one major B2B or B2C software or hardware product
- Experience in the graphics, gaming, CAD, 3D or VR industry required
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills a must
- Social media/SEO/SEM experience required (please cite campaign examples with metrics)
- Cross functional team experience with engineering, creative, PR and operations
- Experience managing external contractors preferred
- Experience working with global teams preferred
- Event coordination/management experience preferred
- BA/BS required
The portfolio can be anything that proves your skills to some extent: a github repository, a collection of articles you've written, your blog or even your LinkedIn profile.